Inspired by a recent trip to Aliki’s Greek Taverna in Westchester (yes sisters, the same one where I embarrassingly and famously yelled “Delicious”), these potatoes are sooo good!
Here’s what you need:
3-4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup Greek olive oil
juice from 3 lemons
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
freshly ground pepper
2.5 cups diluted chicken broth (or veggie broth; or just water but you may need a little more salt)
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a roasting pan, toss the potatoes with the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano, and pepper.
3. Pour the liquid over the top of the potatoes.
4. Cover tightly with foil, place on the middle rack in the oven, and roast until soft, about 40 minutes to an hour.
5. Uncover, move the tray to the top rack, and roast another 20-30 minutes until the tops start to brown.